Doctors and Hospitals
医生和医院
doctor's office 诊疗室,医务室
waiting room 候诊室
patient 病人
hypochondriac 疑心病患者(总是觉得自己得了病的人)
doctor's appointment 看病预约
doctor

It's time to come in for a check up.
是时候来医院做个检查了。

You need to get a physical.
你需要做个体检。

I'd like to schedule an appointment.
我想要预约看诊。

When would you like to come in?
你想什么时候过来?

The doctor is all booked this month.
医生这个月的预约已经满了。

Does he have any openings next month?
他下个月有时间吗?

I need to cancel my appointment.
我需要取消我的预约。

The doctor took her vital signs.
医生测量了她的生命体征。

We need to run some tests.
我们需要做些检查。

We need to draw some blood.
我们需要采集血液样本。

We need a stool sample. Could you put it in here?
我们需要一个粪便样本,你能把它装在这里吗?

We're going to give you a shot now. Look the other way.
我们要给你打一针。扭头别看。

The doctor gave me a clean bill of health.
医生说我很健康。

diagnosis 诊断
prognosis
预判

The prognosis isn't that bad. You still have several years to live.
预判也没那么糟。你还能活几年。

prescription 处方
over the counter 在柜台(指买药,不需要处方的药)
to prescribe 开药方

I need to pick up a prescription at the pharmacy.
我需要去药房拿我的处方药

bed rest 卧床休息
bedridden 卧床不起的

The doctor prescribed bed rest.
医生叮嘱要卧床休息。

Paralyzed and bedridden after the accident, his body wasted away.
事故发生后,他瘫痪卧床,身体日渐衰弱。

to recover 恢复
to pull through s'en sortir

He suffers from digestive problems.
他被消化不良【折磨】。

Mary is finally off life support. I think she's going to pull through.
玛丽终于脱离了【生命保障系统】。我觉得她会好起来的。

He has a chronic condition- high blood pressure.
他有【慢性病】 - 高血压。

hospital 医院
maternity ward 产科病房
intensive care 重病看护
surgery 手术
anesthesia 麻醉
organ transplant 器官移植
on duty 值班
to operate 动手术,操作
to amputate 截肢

I'm sorry but we're going to have to amputate your toes.
很抱歉,但是我们必须要截肢你的脚趾。

If you don't survive the surgery, would you like to donate your organs?
如果你的手术失败了,你愿意捐献器官吗?

She was seriously injured and admitted to the hospital. She's in critical condition.
她受了重伤且办理了住院。她的情况危急。

Visiting hours are over.
探望病人的时间结束了。

heart attack 心脏病发作
stroke 中风
clogged arteries 动脉阻塞

We're going to take an x-ray of your chest.
我们要给你拍胸部x光片。

first aid 急救
mouth to mouth 人工呼吸
CPR 心脏复苏

When Laura fainted I gave her mouth to mouth. It was the first time our lips touched.
劳拉晕倒时,我给她进行了人工呼吸。那是我们的嘴唇第一次接触。

He's not breathing. Call 911!
他没有呼吸了。快打911!

conscious 有意识的

She passed out.
她昏过去了。

She finally came to.
她终于醒过来了。