Doctors and Hospitals
醫生和醫院
doctor's office 醫生診療室
waiting room 等候室
patient 病人;病患
hypochondriac 疑病症患者
doctor's appointment 門診預約
doctor

It's time to come in for a check up.
是時候要來我們這邊做個體檢囉。

You need to get a physical.
你需要做個身體檢查。

I'd like to schedule an appointment.
我想預約(看診)。

When would you like to come in?
請問您想要何時過來(看診)?

The doctor is all booked this month.
醫生這個月的行程都滿了。

Does he have any openings next month?
請問他下個月還有可預約的時段嗎?

I need to cancel my appointment.
我需要取消我的預約。

The doctor took her vital signs.
醫師測量了她的生命徵象。

We need to run some tests.
我們需要做一些檢查。

We need to draw some blood.
我們需要抽取一些血液。

We need a stool sample. Could you put it in here?
我們需要一些糞便樣本。你可以把它放進來這裡嗎?

We're going to give you a shot now. Look the other way.
我們現在要幫你打針。看向別處哦。

The doctor gave me a clean bill of health.
我拿到了一張醫生開具給我的健康證明。

diagnosis 診斷
prognosis
預後

The prognosis isn't that bad. You still have several years to live.
預後不會太差。你還可以繼續活好幾年。

prescription 處方
over the counter (藥品)非處方的
to prescribe 開藥

I need to pick up a prescription at the pharmacy.
我需要到藥局領處方上開的藥。

bed rest 臥床休息
bedridden 臥床不起的

The doctor prescribed bed rest.
醫生囑咐要好好臥床休息。

Paralyzed and bedridden after the accident, his body wasted away.
事故發生後,身體癱瘓加上臥床不起的他身形逐漸消瘦。

to recover 恢復;康復
to pull through s'en sortir

He suffers from digestive problems.
他患有消化系統的問題。

Mary is finally off life support. I think she's going to pull through.
瑪麗終於拔掉了維生醫療設備。我想她會渡過難關的。

He has a chronic condition- high blood pressure.
他有慢性疾病 – 高血壓。

hospital 醫院
maternity ward 產科病房
intensive care 加護病房
surgery 手術
anesthesia 麻醉 (名詞)
organ transplant 器官移植
on duty 值班
to operate 開刀
to amputate 截肢

I'm sorry but we're going to have to amputate your toes.
我很抱歉,但我們必須盡快切除你的腳趾。

If you don't survive the surgery, would you like to donate your organs?
如果你術後沒有成功活下來,你是否願意將你的器官做捐贈?

She was seriously injured and admitted to the hospital. She's in critical condition.
她受了重傷,住進了醫院。她現在的情況相當危急。

Visiting hours are over.
探病時間結束了。

heart attack 心肌梗塞;心臟病發作
stroke 中風
clogged arteries 動脈阻塞

We're going to take an x-ray of your chest.
我們要照一張你的胸部的X光片。

first aid 急救
mouth to mouth 口對口
CPR 心肺復甦術

When Laura fainted I gave her mouth to mouth. It was the first time our lips touched.
當蘿拉暈倒時,我幫她做了口對口人工呼吸。那是我們兩人第一次有嘴唇與嘴唇的接觸。

He's not breathing. Call 911!
他沒有呼吸了。快打911!

conscious 有意識的;神志清醒的;有知覺的

She passed out.
她昏倒了。;她昏過去了。

She finally came to.
她終於恢復了意識。